Bitcoin Candy (CDY) mining guide!

BitcoinCandy

Administrator
Staff member
Bitcoin Candy (CDY) is a cryptocurrency that uses a proof-of-work (PoW) Equihash 144,5 consensus algorithm and can be mined using a graphics processing unit (GPU). To start mining Bitcoin Candy, you will need the following:

1. A computer with a powerful graphics card. You can use a GPU mining rig for this purpose. Better if it will be Nvidia card
  2. A Bitcoin Candy wallet to store your mined CDY coins. You can use a software PC wallet for this purpose or any other CDY wallet. Do not use exchange address for mining! Best choose is our PC wallet: https://forum.bitcoinbookmarks.com/...wallet-installation-guide-with-bootstrap.203/ DOn't forget to request bootstrap at cdy discord.
  3. A mining pool. We recommend using the candypool.bitcoinbookmarks but I see that you are the person who understands the issue..com pool for mining CDY.
  4. Bitcoin Candy mining software. We recommend using gminer, miniZ, or any other miner that supports the Equihash 144,5 algorithm. You can download these miners from the following links:

To start mining with gminer or miniZ or any other miner, you will need to use the following connection data:
  • Server: connect.candypool.bitcoinbookmarks.com
  • Port: 3857
  • User: Your CDY wallet address, followed by a dot and your worker name (e.g. cdy-wallet-address.worker-name)
  • Pass: x
  • Algo: 144_5
  • Pers: CandyPoW
  • Example of mining string: miner --server connect.candypool.bitcoinbookmarks.com --port 3857 --user cdy-wallet-address.worker-name --pass x --algo 144_5 --pers CandyPoW

Once you have all of these things, you can begin the mining process:

• Download and install the mining software on your computer.
  • To start mining Bitcoin Candy, you will need to set up a Bitcoin Candy wallet to store your mined CDY coins. We recommend downloading and installing the Bitcoin Candy PC wallet to get a CDY address for this purpose. Do not use an exchange address for mining, as it is not designed to receive the large number of transactions that are generated during the mining process.
  • Configure the mining software to connect to it using the connection data provided above.
  • Configure your mining hardware and start mining CDY. The mining software will automatically connect to the mining pool and start mining CDY using your GPU.
  • Monitor your mining progress using the mining software. You can check your mining statistics, such as the hash rate and the number of blocks found, to see how well your GPU is performing.
  • When any block will be find in a pool, you will earn proportional of your hashrate reward in CDY. The reward will be automatically credited to your mining pool account and can be paid to your wallet when you reach the minimum payout threshold. (currently, it's 1000 CDY at this pool)
Alternative Bitcoin Candy mining:

You an also mine CDY by your activity at Candy forum: https://forum.bitcoinbookmarks.com/...-are-paying-per-post-pet-threads-and-more.33/

Last edited by a moderator:
This bitcoin candy stuff is sweet. Thanks for the generous shares. So I'm thinking of trying to mine some. I've never really done it before, but I've got Nvidia RTX 3000. Question is will my PC be entirely dedicated to mining, or will I be able to still use it while its doing the mining stuff.

This bitcoin candy stuff is sweet. Thanks for the generous shares. So I'm thinking of trying to mine some. I've never really done it before, but I've got Nvidia RTX 3000. Question is will my PC be entirely dedicated to mining, or will I be able to still use it while its doing the mining stuff.
no i do not thick so

all depends on what "OTHER STUFF" you plan on doing...... if it's just normal discord/web surfing/etc that does not need a bunch of the GPU, you can do what you want... I'm mining right now, have discord open, pain program, and like 9 tabs on the browser :)

Understanding what your GPU does will easily answer your question. Doing things that use your gpu will slow down mining. Surfing the internet, talking on discord, etc those are all things not done by your GPU...Watching videos or playing games are things that will affect your mining speed, as they use your GPU. Understand?

Back