CryptoBro loses everything in hack. Goes to cops, but couldn't even file a report because he no longer has access to his exchange account.

CryptoBro loses everything in hack. Goes to cops, but couldn't even file a report because he no longer has access to his exchange account. Entire savings gone in 6 minutes

A friend of mine got me interested in investing in cryto currency. Back in the day a few gains got me super excited so I decided to invest more into it.

Two days ago I had my cryto wallet hacked into and emptied. I lost everything. The client that I used (Newton) removed access to my account and ghosted me when I asked for help. With the account now unable to be accessed and no help coming from Newton I went to the police. I had nothing to show them though since I no longer had access to the account, not even a report could be filed.

My savings are gone. It took the hacker 6 minutes to empty everything (I could see it all on the blockchain) and there is seemingly no course of action. I feel like there is no one to turn to or help which is truely a scary feeling. 6 minutes drastically changed my future.

This post has two intentions:

1) if anyone has any ideas or has some experience with this, please please reach out. Even just a sympathetic story or anecdote would help me feel a little better

And

2) please protect yourselves out there everyone. I would gladly go through this if it meant that others wouldn't have to, but I know it will absolutely happen again. Strong passwords, changed passwords, proper online hygiene, and think security first. Please stay safe so this doesnt happen to you.

Back